Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Shampoo, Conditioner, and 1-minute Moisture-plenish Treatment

 I was skeptical about this product because most of the Garnier Fructis products leave my hair feeling and looking icky. For the most part, I have dry hair so I only wash my hair every other day. 

The shampoos consistency is a liquid-gel with blue beads that smells like kiwi. When I first washed my hair with it, I was a little terrified to be honest. It's really thick and it lathers A LOT, which always concerns me because in my experience, a lot of suds = stripped hair. And sure enough, when I rinsed my hair, it did feel squeaky clean. Oh boy! My hair had very little slip, but I detangled it with a comb that I keep in the shower under running water with no incident, and then proceeded to my normal shampoo day routine: protein conditioner and then a moisturizing deep conditioner. As my hair began to airdry, I was shocked how soft, hydrated, and bouncy it was! In the shower, my hair felt like straw but this shampoo made my conditioner "take" better than it ever did with my other shampoos....and I have no idea why! It was weird but it worked.

Since then, I've refined my technique a little bit. I prepoo with coconut oil for a little while, and then before I get in the shower, I carefully and thoroughly detangle my hair. This is important because, as I said before, this shampoo has no slip for me. When I shampoo my hair, I do it in quadrants. I only use about a dime-sized amount of shampoo on each quadrant and I lather it up on my hands before putting it on my hair, focusing on the scalp and then GENTLY working my way to the ends. I rinse it out slowly and run a shower comb gently through it under running water. After that, I apply conditioner and let it work its magic.

Hydra Recharge utilizes goji berry, passion fruit and kiwi to ensure hair is hydrated, weightless, silky and soft for up to 2 days. I did read recently that the beads are a combo of the superfruits and burst on impact. That's kinda cool. I tried to squeeze a bead but didn't notice anything awesome. They're so tiny that I wasn't completely sure that the bead really broke.
 
So to recap, things to keep in mind with this shampoo:
  1. It has no slip so detangle beforehand
  2. It's really really thick
  3. YOU MUST CONDITION YOUR HAIR AFTERWARDS or it will feel like straw 
If you want a shampoo that will leave your hair feeling "juicy" in one shot, this is not the one for you. BUT if you're used to deep conditioning your hair after shampooing, then I recommend giving it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment