Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bacon Ranch Alfrado Mac & Cheese - With Prego® Light Alfrado Sauce and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip

My Instagram
This is another fairly simple recipe, even if Kyle and I decided to complicate it a bit. Well, he's not to blame at all, it was all me. I may have read the directions wrong. I'll give you the recipe that I was given and add my comments in the instructions.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 of a 1-pound package penne pasta, cooked and drained
  • 1 Jar (14.5 oz) Prego® Flavored with Savory Bacon Alfredo Sauce
  • 1/2 of a 1-ounce envelope ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1/2 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Instructions

  1. Heat the oven to 350*F
  2. Stir the penne, sauce, dressing mix and half the cheese in a large bowl. Spoon the penne mixture into an 8" x 8" x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  3. Bake for 30 minutes or until the penne mixture is hot and bubbling.

My recipe followed this one quite closely but there were a few changes that I made..... by accident. Below are the steps I followed:
  1. Heat the oven to 350*F
  2. Cook the 1/2 of a 1-pound box of penne pasta - it's pretty hard to measure out 1/2 of a box so it might have been 3/4 of a box in my recipe.... Never mind, I totally misread the recipe and used the whole box of pasta.
  3. Cook 1/2 of a 1-pound package of bacon - I microwave mine but in a skillet is fine too, let it cool before use.
  4. Mix the penne pasta with 1 Jar (14.5 oz) Prego® Light Alfredo Sauce
  5. Add the 1-ounce envelope ranch salad dressing
  6. Crumble the bacon into the pasta, ranch, Alfredo mix
  7. Mix in 1/2 of the cheese
  8. Spoon mixture into a 9" x 13" x 2" pan
  9. Cover the pasta mixture with the remaining cheese
  10. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350*F for 30 minutes
  11. Remove the aluminum foil and back for another 10 minutes.

Our company LOVED the pasta, the bacon was probably the best part!

Kaylyn and Drake also provided dessert - Funfetti Angel Food Cake, home made whipped cream and mulberries!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Crowdtap.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment