Sunday, November 9, 2014

V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail Recipes

My Instagram
The last recipe I shared was pretty easy and rather than take it up one notch, we're going full throttle! Today's dinner, shared with some of my friends here in Ohio is....... Drumroll please ........

Grilled Chicken, Simmered Mango Rice and Spicy Mango Margaritas almost all made with V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail!

Simmered Mango Rice

Ingredients

  • 1 1/3 cups - V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail
  • 1/2 cup - Uncooked regular long-grain white rice
  • 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (the recipe calls for fresh pineapple but I used canned pineapple and saved the juice for the other recipes)

My Instagram

Instructions

  1. Heat the V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
  2. Stir in the rice.
  3. Reduce heat to low.
  4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the vegetable juice is absorbed. (Stir occasionally to keep the rice from burning or sticking to the saucepan.)
  5. Before serving, stir in the pineapple and let stand for 5 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 (doubles easily)


Spicy Mango Margarita

My Instagram

Ingredients

  • 1 cup - V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail
  • 1 cup - Pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup - Tequila
  • 1/4 cup - Triple Sec
  • 1/4 cup - Lime juice
  • Ice cubes

Instructions

  1. Stir the V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail, pineapple juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice together in a pitcher.
  2. Fill a glass with ice.
  3. My Instagram
  4. Pour mixture into glass.

Alternately you can make a frozen version of this margarita:
  1. Mix the V8® Spicy Mango Vegetable Juice Cocktail, pineapple juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice together.
  2. Pour the juice mixture into a blender.
  3. Add 2 cups ice cubes.
  4. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth.
  5. Pour into a glass.

My Instagram
Serving suggestion: Cover the rims of the glasses with a mixture of coarse sugar or salt with grated lime zest.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6

Grilled Chicken

Ingredients

  • 4 chicken breasts
I decided to not marinate the chicken since there was so much flavor in the rice.
My Instagram

Instructions

  1. Start the grill (I use a gas grill, so it's only a matter of turning on the propane tank and turning on the burners.)
  2. Place the chicken on the grill.
  3. Flip a few times and ensure that the chicken is cooked through.
  4. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
  5. Remove from the grill.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4

I'm basically in love with this V8 juice. I would have never thought to use it in so many ways! The taste is crisp and clean and you can really taste all the vegetables.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Crowdtap.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment