Sunday, November 23, 2014

Loaded Potato Soup Made With Swanson Cream Starter Broth

Another easy recipe, and SO delicious! I'm realizing again that this whole cooking thing is super easy and maybe I was making this whole thing out to be harder than it ought to be! Who am I kidding, it's always come easy! Using Swanson Traditional Cream Starter made it super easy too.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 of a 1 lb. package of bacon, diced (about 8 strips)
  • 1 one pound russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 carton Swanson Cream Starter Broth (Traditional or 25% Reduced Fat)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  •  3 green onions or fresh chives, chopped

Instructions

  1. Cook the bacon in a 4-quart sauce pan over medium heat until crisp, stirring often.  Remove the bacon from the saucepan and drain on paper towels.  Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings
  2. Add the potatoes and onion to the saucepan, season with salt and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.  Add the garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute.
  3. Stir in the cream starter and heat to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.  Stir in half the bacon and half the cheese.  Top with the remaining bacon, remaining cheese and the green onions before serving.
As per usual, I made my own changes to the recipe. You may have noticed from one of the first image in this post that I did NOT peel the potatoes, and yes, I pluralized that. I had a lot of potatoes to get rid of and I used them all, so yes..... I doubled the recipe!

I used one package of Traditional Swanson Cream Starter Broth and one of the 25% Reduced Fat Swanson Cream Starter Broth. It was a huge hit with everyone!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Crowdtap.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment