Sunday, November 23, 2014

Creamy Poblano Mac & Cheese Made With Campbell’s® Condensed Creamy Poblano & Queso Soup

Yummy Mac & Cheese Recipe! It's just slightly spicy, yummy though!! The recipe was extremely easy to make and it turned out creamy, smooth, and highly recommended.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup medium tomato, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Creamy Poblano & Queso Soup
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
  • 8 ounces (1/2 of a 1-pound package) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro   

Instructions

  1. Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add the onion and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.

  2. Add the tomato and garlic to the saucepan and cook and stir for 1 minute.  Season with the salt and black pepper.
  3. Stir in the soup and milk and heat to a boil.  Remove the saucepan from the heat.  Add the cheese and stir until melted.  Stir in the macaroni.  Sprinkle with the cilantro.
I doubled this recipe so that I would have enough for all my friends who were planning to visit.... Of course, only two of them showed up in the end. I have all kinds of left overs!

I didn't serve it directly after cooking but rather I cooked it on Friday and let it cool in the refrigerator  over night. I put some bread crumbs on top before baking at 350*F for 30 minutes.

It was still creamy and delicious! Also, as proof that I do have friends who enjoyed this meal with me, here's Bonnie and Ian enjoying the soup and mac & cheese!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Crowdtap.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment