Monday, November 3, 2014

Soup and Bisuits - Hearty AND Easy


My Instagram
I received most of the ingredients for the recipe for free Crowdtap and Campbell's®, a user testing, review, and input site. Some of these samples were given to me for free so that I might review them the opinions I share here are 100% my own.

For my first recipe, I made a biscuits-n-gravy like meal. It's SO simple -- actually one of the easiest recipes I have made in a long time.

Ingredients

  • 1 can - Campbell's® Chunky Soup - I used Beer-n-Cheese with Beef & Bacon
  • 1 pkg. biscuits - I used Meijer brand jumbo biscuits

Procedure

Follow the cooking directions on the biscuit package, preheating the oven, placing the biscuits on a cookie sheet, and baking

My Instagram
My Instagram
While the biscuits are cooking, empty your can of soup into a pot on the stove. Warm the soup on low - medium the entire time that the biscuits are cooking, stirring occasionally.

Remove the biscuits from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes while the soup is still warming.

Place one or two biscuits on a plate or in a bowl and spoon soup on top.

My Observations

My Instagram
I found that by opening the biscuits before putting soup on top made it go further. With these two ingredients, I mad a meal that fed myself for four meals in total so, with two biscuits each, this could easily feed a family of four, easily.

This recipe could easily be used to top mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, or baked potatoes. It all depends on the soup and your preferences.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Crowdtap.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment