Friday, January 16, 2015

Nexus 5 Review


Of all the smartphones I have ever owned, the Nexus 5 definitely is at the top of the list. The phone has a sleek design and it feels great in your hand, with or without a case! I have owned this phone for about six months now and I still love it as much as the first day when I took it out of the box! It still performs great and keeps up very well thanks to it's Snapdragon 800 Quad-core processor. I have only had issues with the phone on an application side when a specific application freezes or doesn't meet expectations.

LG Google Nexus 5 32 GB- Amazon
The camera on this phone performs amazingly when there is great lighting and takes some really nice pictures thanks to the HDR+ mode. Like most other cameras, however night time images come out grainy, sadly those pictures are not up to par with other smartphone cameras in the market. Give it great lighting and it produces some really astonishing images for a phone.

Google Now really pushes this phone to what smartphones can do with its constant reminders, traffic updates, interests on the internet based off of your search results an voice recognition. By saying "Okay Google..." you have access to the entire internet and the applications on your phone by voice command. If you're not using it yet, START!

I highly recommend this phone over any other android phone just because of it's clean Android feel. Plus buying it direct from Amazon rather than through your carrier ensures you don't have all those bulky applications that you can't remove!

LG Google Nexus 5 32 GB- Amazon
This phone is slightly bigger than my last phone coming in at 4.95 inches vs. my last phone at 3.5 inches. Overall it is slightly bigger and as a female, I already knew it wasn't going to fit in any of my pockets (does fit in my back pocket, just not my front pockets). But I love the added screen real estate so I can't complain.

Batter life out of the box is phenomenal and I have been getting two days of use out of one charge, much better than my previous phone. The drawback of the battery is that it is not replaceable but a portable charger works well with it.

This phone also works with wireless charging which is really cool. I bought a wireless charger when I bought this phone and it works great. The drawback being that with a case (one that actually protects the phone) the locking positioning doesn't work as well.


Device T Mobile MyTouch Q Nexus 5
Device type Smart Phone Smart Phone
OS Android (v2.3.6, v2.3.4) Android (v5.0)
Display 3.5 in 4.95 in
Resolution 320 x 480 pixels 1080 x 1920 pixels
Weight 5.64 oz (160 g) 4.59 oz (130 g)
Memory Card Slot Yes No
Battery Removable 1500 mAh Non-removable 2300 mAh
Standby time 11.7 days (280 hours) 12.5 days(300 hours)
Talk time Average 11 hours Up to 17 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment