Friday, December 12, 2014

Sweet'N Low® Not-So-Naughty Egg Nog - Recipe Party



My Instagram
The ‘skinny’ versions of the popular holiday favorites use Sweet’N Low® instead of sugar to sweeten without the caloric guilt... and it is oh-so-yummy! I whipped up some new, Sweet'N Low® inspired recipes and invited over some girlfriends to enjoy every sip over some quality girl time! A holiday party was perfect for this! 

The package I received included:

  • 20 Two pack samplers of Sweet'N Low
  • 1 Sweet'N Low tote bag
  • 1 Sweet'N Low purse hanger 
  • 1 Sampling insert
  • 1 Recipe card


The recipe was for some super easy and festive Not-So-Naughty Egg Nog made with Sweet'N Low! Let's face it, none of us want to gain weight over the holidays so why not give this low calorie egg nog a try!


Ingredients

  • 4 pasteurized eggs
  • 12 packets Sweet’N Low® zero calorie sweetener
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 5 cups cold skim milk
  • Pinch ground nutmeg

Instructions

  1. Place eggs, Sweet’N Low® and vanilla in blender container.
  2. Cover and blend on medium or high speed 10 seconds or until foamy.
  3. Add milk. 
  4. Cover and blend another 5 seconds. 
  5. Pour into a 1 1/2-quart pitcher. 
  6. Sprinkle individual servings with nutmeg.

In my recipe I used almond milk rather than skim milk. I'm not lactose intolerant, however I am not a fan of the texture of milk. The flavor of the vanilla almond milk added to the recipe nicely.

For your warning, if you're not a fan of the aspartame flavor and after taste, Sweet'N Low is not for you. While this egg nog is lower in calories than other recipes it has a STRONG aspartame flavor and it really put me off.

After three days in my refrigerator, the Not-So-Naughty Egg Nog was rancid. I opened the container and nearly threw up again. It smelled VERY bad and was separated completely (see image on the left.)

Check out more recipes from Sweet'N Low HERE. Drinks, main dishes, desserts, anything imaginable!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Crowdtap.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment